Custom Supply Cart Also Holds Computer for Charting
ICW built a custom solution. An Elite 5221 computer arm was mounted on an Armstrong medical supply cart so it serves dual functions of charting and supply distribution.
Solve expense and floor-space problems of needing two carts—one for supplies and a second for charting.
- Mobile supply carts are used throughout many hospitals.
- PACU, ICU, and ED areas usually have mobile supply carts stationed at bedside to hold equipment and required supplies.
- Computers are needed at bedside for patient charting. Because space is limited, a Workstation On Wheels is often used to bring the computer into the room.
- Carts that are rolled from room to room can spread contamination.
- A Workstation On Wheels increases hospital overhead.
ICW’s CUSTOM SOLUTION
Mount a computer arm on the supply cart so just one cart is needed for both charting and supply distribution.
- Saves money. Adding a computer mounting arm to the supply cart costs about 75% less than purchasing an additional Workstation On Wheels.
- Saves floor space. Combining tasks on one cart eliminates the need for a second cart, freeing up precious floor space.
- Streamlines workflow. Caregivers can chart and deliver supplies from a single dual-function supply cart.
- Improves ergonomics. The Elite 5221 computer mount provides a comfortable, ergonomic sit-stand workstation while preserving the entire surface area of the cart for supplies.
Armstrong Medical’s A-Smart Cart Enhanced With ICW’s Elite 5221 Computer Mount
Armstrong A-Smart Cart
- The A-Smart Cart is a top quality, heavy duty supply cart with standard 5” casters that swivel and lock. The cart has a built-in stabilizer bumper that provides mobility and stability.
ICW Elite 5221 Computer Mounting Arm
- The Elite 5221 arm adjusts vertically and horizontally and has long reach. It enables a computer workstation to be positioned exactly where needed for greatest efficiency and comfort. The low-profile arm folds up and stows close to the cart, making it the perfect choice for tight spaces.
- Range of motion for the arm: 360° of rotation at the pole mount, reaches up to 63” (160 cm), adjusts vertically 42” (106.7 cm), stows in 10.5” (26.7 cm).
- The keyboard has positive, negative, and neutral tilt. Keyboard and monitor swivel independently from the arm.
Working with Armstrong Medical’s A-Smart Cart, ICW attached the Elite 5221 arm directly to the cart. Together these components provided a compact, affordable solution that combined the essential tasks of charting and supply distribution.